McMeen University Multimedia Class in the Limelight!
Recently, the McMeen Mustang News (MMN NEWS) Team were selected to participate in the 37th Annual Rocky Mountain PBS program…Super School News. They went on field trip with parents to the RMPBS News Studio to record a news segment titled, “Diversity and Robotics”! Air times and viewing links will be posted in the very near future. Congratulations Mustangs!
McMeen University Community School
McMeen University Community School Programs provides children from Kindergarten to 5th Grade an opportunity to be part of a safe and caring place while enjoying the company of friends. Students take part in activities that are appropriate to the age and are designed to be compatible with your student’s academic abilities.
• Hours: 3:10-4:15 p.m. every day of the week.
• Discovery Link (previously Kaleidoscope) Kids stay until 6:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
• Our staff members are dedicated to the safety and well-being of the children in their care.
• Space is limited, so prompt registration for McMeen University programs is recommended.
HOW TO REGISTER
Follow the link below and fill out the online registration form. You have the option to pick a First and Second choice, spaces will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
Third Trimester Sign Up Here!
*If your student attends Discovery Link, this does not apply to you.
McMeen University 2nd trimester fee is due Wednesday, November 30th 2016. It is payable by check or money order made out to “Community School.” Choose the box for the fee that applies to you (if you need scholarship assistance, please contact us directly)
El pago por el costo del programa debe ser realizado antes del viernes 26 de Agosto. Lo debe realizar por cheque o money order hecho a nombre de ” Cummunity School” Seleccione el circulo correspondiente al costo que le corresponde. (Si necesita asistencia, por favor contactenos directamente)
• $90- full program fee – Pago completo por trimestre
• $60- reduced program fee for families that qualifiy for reduced lunch- pago si la familia califica para el lunch de precio reducido
• $30- reduced program fee for families that qualify for free lunch – pago para familias que califian para el programa de lunch gratuito
• FEES ARE PER TRIMESTER **
Pay fees by either money order or check made payable to: Department of Community Education
Programming for 2nd trimester is Nov 14th – Feb 24th. Classes run in 2 groupings; Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday classes and the Thursday & Friday classes.
• KinderClub (Kinder)
• Wiggling Book Worms (Kinder & 1st)
• Arabic (K, 1st, 2nd)
• Arts & Games (K& 1st)
• 1st Grade Fun-dation (1st)
• Abrakadoodle (1st & 2nd)
• Global Passport (2nd, 3rd, 4th)
• Golden Eagles Karate (2nd & 3rd)
• Sewing Sensations (3rd & 4th)
• STEM/4H (3rd, 4th, 5th)
• McMeen Media (3rd, 4th, 5th)
• Book Club (4th & 5th)
• Just Breathe (4th & 5th)
THURSDAY & FRIDAY ENRICHMENTS
• Fairytale Workshop (K& 1st)
• Yoga (K & 1st)
• Culture & Continents (K & 1st)
• Dr. Seuss Extravaganza K, 1st, 2nd)
• Spanish (1st & 2nd)
• Trash to Treasure (2nd & 3rd)
• Radiant Beginnings (2nd & 3rd)
• 3rd Grade Plus (3rd)
• Destination Imagination (3rd, 4th, & 5th)
• Art & Antics (3rd, 4th, 5th)
• McMeen Media (3rd, 4th, 5th)
• Dance Dance Dance (3rd, 4th, 5th)
• TechKnow (4th & 5th)
Ms. Stephanie Smith Stephanie_Smith@dpsk12.org 303-549-5844