McMeen University Community School
McMeen University Community School 2018
McMeen Elementary is a premier community school, bringing students, families, and community members together. Please see below the difference between our enrichment hour (McMeen University) and our extended stay & play (Discovery Link).
As always you may reach out to Brittany Paris (Brittany_Paris@dpsk12.org or 720-424-5537) our Extended Day Coordinator with any before or after-school related questions or concerns.
- This is our club/enrichment hour that runs from 3pm-4:15pm
- Over 200 students from McMeen participate in McMeen University enrichments every day!
- On average every student participates in 2 clubs a week, one that meets on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday; and another that meets on Thursday and Friday.
- We have 3 trimesters of classes, 12 weeks each. We try to switch up classes every trimester, but some classes are available all year long.
o 1st Trimester: September 4th – November 16th
o 2nd Trimester: November 26th – March 1st
- Registration November 12th – November 16th
o 3rd Trimester: March 4th – May 24th
- Registration February 18th – February 22nd
Free/Reduced Lunch Families : $50 each trimester
Regular Lunch Families : $100 each trimester
Payment may be made by money order, electronic payment, or donated time/resources to our school (at least 10 hours).
- This is our extended day program that runs both in the AM (6:30am-8am) & PM (3pm-6pm)
- Every child that stays and plays with us in the afternoon is guaranteed a spot in a McMeen University class.
- They will be served a snack after 4:30pm
- All students will have a daily choice to join a homework/study time, an active game/play, or a small club project that builds off the student’s curiosities.
- This is a fee-based program, tuition is based off how many days enrolled in program as well as AM or PM program choice. CCAP is available to all families if financial aide is needed.
- Please go to Discovery Link for more details