McMeen University Community School
McMeen Elementary is a proud Community School, bringing students, families, and community members together. Please see belong the difference between our enrichment hour (McMeen University) and our extended stay & play (Discovery Link). As always you may reach out to Stephanie Smith (Stephanie_Smith@dpsk12.org) with any before or after-school related questions or concerns.
- This is our club/enrichment hour that runs from 3pm-4:15pm
- Over 200 students from McMeen participate in McMeen University enrichments every day!
- On average every student participates in 2 clubs a week, one that meets on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday; and another that meets on Thursday and Friday.
- We have 3 trimesters of classes, 12 weeks each. We try to switch up classes every trimester, but some classes are available all year long.
o 1st Trimester: August 28th – November 17th
o 2nd Trimester: November 27th – March 2nd
o 3rd Trimester: March 5th – May 25th
- Registration for these clubs begins 2 weeks prior to the trimester start dates. Please see the link below to register for classes.
- Each trimester there is a fee of $40/$70/$100, depending on your student’s lunch status (free lunch-$40, reduced lunch-$70, regular lunch-$100)
- Examples of clubs throughout the year include: soccer, karate, art, comic drawing, girls on the run, coding, robotics, kinderclub, and destination imagination.
- This is our extended day program that runs both in the AM (6:30am-8am) & PM (4:15pm-6pm)
- Every child that stays and plays with us in the afternoon is guaranteed a spot in a McMeen University class because that is their first hour before joining Discovery Link
- They will be served a snack after 4:30pm
- All students will have a daily choice to join a homework/study time, an active game/play, or a small club project that builds off the student’s curiosities.
- This is a fee-based program, tuition is based off how many days enrolled in program as well as AM or PM program choice. CCAP is available to all families if financial aide is needed.
- Please go to discoverylink.dpsk12.org for more details
Program Specialist @ McMeen Elementary
Department of Extended Learning
Denver Public Schools
“A person’s a person, no matter how small” -Dr. Seuss
Ms. Stephanie Smith Stephanie_Smith@dpsk12.org 303-549-5844